Updated: Mar 9, 2022
International Women's Day 2022.
Are women treated fairly, safely and equally in the workplace today ??
Today as we celebrate International Women's Day 2022, I question whether workplaces are safe and are former biases against women like discrimination in the workplace still happening today?
Today in many countries including Ireland we have laws to protect women in the home. It is a criminal act to abuse a woman in the home physically or psychologically. It is a human right to have a safe home, it is also a human right to have a safe workplace. We need to call out aggression, coercive control, misogyny, dehumanising and deliberate harmful behaviour.
- Are organisations committed to the fair and safe treatment of women and void of all violence.
- Is Inappropriate behaviour no longer tolerated or encouraged.
- Are companies bystanders to abuse of women.
- Are workplaces ethical ? Is equity, inclusion and diversity the norm
- Are Talents nurtured, rewarded and promoted.
- Physical, psychological , financial, emotional and sexual abuse are criminal and against the law.
- Action is taken to stop perpetrators of abuse in the workplace.
Lets make 2022 a year where women feel safe and are encouraged to voice, collaborate and create safe environments without fear of psychological , sexual or physical threats and risks.
This post is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of the author, and have not been evaluated for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law. #inclusion #diversity #law #legal #content #women #safety #mental #health #bullying